August 29, 2010

The Schubert Depression (Repost)

This intense deep german album takes its name from one lied which Schubert wrote in 1817. The theme of the song, which is the theme of the second movement of the quartet, is a death knell that accompanies the song about the terror and comfort of death:

The Maiden:
Oh! leave me! Prithee, leave me! thou grisly man of bone!
For life is sweet, is pleasant.
Go! leave me now alone!
Go! leave me now alone!
Death:
Give me thy hand, oh! maiden fair to see,
For I'm a friend, hath ne'er distress'd thee.
Take courage now, and very soon
Within mine arms shalt softly rest thee!"

Here

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

I liked them!!

Good the combinations of music the voice and this side dark Romantic ... beautiful

Gracias por el dato !! :D

Post a Comment